Exam results are an essential indicator of performance, both for our students, and for the school.
Every year, our internal value-added analysis from the University of Durham confirms that our results consistently exceed expectations.
- In 2014, BSB students achieved 100% pass rates at A Level, IB Diploma and BTEC. This is a remarkable achievement, given that BSB is a non-selective school, with students from all abilities and all national education systems.
- 36.6% of our A Level students scored A or A*
- Almost 80% of IB students achieved a score of 30 or more, going all the way up to the top score of 44 points
- 34% of IB students took the bilingual course, and of these, 100% achieved their diploma
- 99% of our Year 13 students were offered places at their first or second university of choice
- In the GCSE and (I)GCSE examinations, our A*-C pass rate of 91% was well above that of the UK which stands at 68.8%
- In 2014 in Primary School, 92% of children in Year 6 achieved Level 4 and above in Mathematics. 65% of the children achieved a Level 5 in Reading, indicating attainment levels above the UK national average.
Learning is at the heart of our curriculum, but it is never pursued at the expense of personal growth and development.
At BSB, we help students to achieve their goals inside and out of the classroom, discovering talents through extra-curricular activities from music and drama to physics clubs, mathematical quests and competitive sports.