Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised and methodical team player to join our ITS (Information Technology and Services) team. The ideal candidate would be fast learner, self-motivated, responsible, with good problem - solving skills and be able to communicate effectively with many types of people ranging from students to staff. This is a challenging, varied job requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
The ITS Data Technician will report directly to the ITS Data and Application Officer.
- Provides support for the ITS Data and Application Officer in maintaining the School’s MIS System, ISAMS (Internet based School Administrative Management System)
- Provides backup for the ITS Applications Technician in maintaining the School’s other core databases (such as the cashless catering system, the access control system and the lockers management system and other database systems)
- Provide training on core systems/software used by the school
- Production of online/interactive courses, paper-based training material and crib sheets
- Some developmental work on the School’s core systems/applications
- Technical and user support for core school administration software
- Preparation of documentation
- Provides Help Desk Support for the ITS Data and Applications team (Answer phone calls, log and create tickets)
- Maintaining the central Knowledge Base used by the ITS team.
- Providing when required after hours support.
- Higher education Computer Science or similar Bachelors or equivalent through experience
- We are looking for someone with experience in programming and working with databases
- Excellent English working knowledge and communication skills, both verbal and written. The working language and all applications/operating systems are in English
- Database management/development skills
- Experience in supporting/maintaining applications and database systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in training
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server and Access, with emphasis on experience in SQL Reporting Services
- Programming experience (VB or Java)
- Knowledge of scripting (Powershell, Pyhton)
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, permanent contract with generous holiday provision
- On the job training
- An interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary - BSB Operational scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 45.387 and a maximum of € 70.936 gross per year (depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers and free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Friday 25 September 2020 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held in October 2020.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of September, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)