Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
Purpose of the role:
The Digital Marketing & Communications Administrator is responsible for supporting all of the administrative work relating to the marketing of the school, bringing invaluable support to the Marketing & Communications (M&C) Director and Officers in achieving M&C department goals within a fast-paced environment.
Areas of responsibility and key tasks:
- Digital marketing (website)
- Give administrative support in the running of digital paid marketing campaigns (keep records of banner ads, track click through rates, renew subscriptions)
- Maintain and keep the school website, ensure the website is updated on a regular basis as indicated by the line manager
- Regular liaison with website provider for ensuring all hosting and support services are fully operational and running efficiently
- Responsible for website CMS (adding new content), link blocks, pop-up forms, web page changes, uploading films,videos
- Organise all translations of English webpages for French/Dutch pages using an agency
- Digital marketing (social media)
- Organise and maintain BSB social media presences (sometimes involving copywriting, editing, photography and repurposing content) as directed by the Communications Officer
- Support social media presences for alumni online sites
- Assist to ensure that selected (web/editorial) content is re-purposed over online social media platforms ensuring accuracy and reflects key BSB brand and messaging at all times
- Make proposals to better utilise social media to promote BSB (organise, implement and monitor)
- Reoccurring tasks
- Maintain all M&C related passwords (e.g. CMS, Twitter Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Planet eStream) and keep the password list updated
- Responsible for the digital signage across the school (uploading content, updating, creating templates)
- Send out “messenger” newsletter and eBSB communications to staff and parents in liaison with Communications Officer
- Maintain school photo database (Flickr) and the ‘no photo’ lists according to GDPR Regulations
- Photography for social media: keep a planning of upcoming opportunities and ensure photo coverage
- Assist Communications Officer with all school publications (e.g. locating/ treating photos & images)
- eBSB support for parents and operational staff (how to use eBSB, permissions, access, queries).
- Be committed to optimising the parent portal and liaise on feedback with the Communications officer
- eBSB maintenance: support the Communications Officer to ensure the information is kept up to date
- Support to the M&C Department (i.e. Marketing, Admissions) in peak periods including typing up interview notes, archives, updating online directories and assisting with New Family Days.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the responsibility entailed.
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
Qualifications & Experiences
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working with digital communication platforms including content management systems (CMS) – knowledge of Umbraco and WordPress would be particularly useful.
- Previous experience working with – intranets, social media networks, scheduling platforms (i.e. Hootsuite)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Automation platforms (i.e. Mailchimp) advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Able to demonstrate fine attention to detail – accuracy is crucial
- Knowledge of photography, graphic design and/or photo editing software an advantage
- This role is within a fast-paced environment so the ability to implement to deadlines is essential.
- Native English speaker (knowledge of French and/or Dutch an asset)
- High-level customer care and communication skills, with a pro-active approach
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Ability to write communications and proof read in English (Dutch and/or French an advantage)
- Self-motivated and disciplined, doesn’t get flustered
- Ability to learn quickly and work on own initiative
- Ability to produce creative and innovative ideas
- Ability to work well as part of a team
In return, we offer:
- Full-time, permanent position (37,5 hours per week) with full obligation to attend all staff meetings and Professional Learning workshops.
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- An attractive salary - BSB Operational Staff salary scale - Band 3 representing a minimum of € 36.527 and maximum € 57.089 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Thursday 12 December 2019 at 16:00 (CET)
Interviews will be held at the school the last week of term.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)