Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Learning Assistant to work with our Secondary AEN students and also to supervise some of our senior students during study periods.
Your role is to support secondary aged students with additional educational needs. The support will largely be classroom based, working with students and teachers. The successful candidate will work closely with the Secondary AEN Department leader and with Secondary teachers to support students in their learning across the curriculum in a range of subjects. The role also includes some responsibility for supervising senior students (Year 12 and 13) during study periods. It is expected that the students are engaged and the atmosphere of the study floor is conducive to learning.
He/she will demonstrate professional and personal qualities which will enable him or her to make a significant contribution to the continued development of the AEN Department and to the school in a wider context. The successful applicant should be an excellent team player and communicator, building trust with students and teachers alike.
- Experience of working with students in an educational setting
- Experience of working with students with additional educational needs (AEN)
- Computer skills
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of others
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students
- Friendly and warm persona
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- An optimistic attitude and willingness to learn
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, temporary contract (from April to half term October - maternity leave cover) with full obligation to attend all staff meetings and Professional Learning workshops
- On the job training
- Interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary - BSB Operational scale – Band 2 representing a minimum of € 30.173 and maximum € 47.163 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience. (Summer holidays paid pro-rata for an April start.)
- Extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Monday 24 February 2020 at 12:00 (CET)
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the school from week commencing Monday 2 March.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid March, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)