Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
- Accompany students and supervise students during transportation
- Ensure discipline and prevent risks that may occur during the transport of students.
- Help students when boarding and disembarking the bus and thereby ensure the safety of students.
- Check carefully that the register of students’ names in the afternoon corresponds to the names and the total number of students on the bus.
- Punctual, strong sense of responsibility and team spirit
- Good level of English required; basic knowledge of Dutch/French would be an asset
- Flexible and customer friendly
- Able to work with children
- Able to remain calm and be efficient in difficult situations
- Be solution-oriented.
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
- A part-time, temporary contract with full obligation to attend professional development workshops - working hours are from 07.00 to 09.00 and from 15.30 to 17.30
- An interesting position in an international environment
- Attractive salary (BSB Operational scale – Band 1 representing a minimum of € 2049,20 and maximum of € 3.203,05 gross per month in case of a full-time position, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, a generous holiday provision and free use of the BSB sport facilities
Application process: The deadline for applications is Thursday 13 December 2018 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by December 21 2018, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.”