Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
The British School of Brussels is seeking to appoint an outstanding and suitably qualified Primary school teacher.
The successful applicant will:
- be a qualified teacher with a commitment to creating high quality learning opportunities
- be able to utilise latest technologies creatively to deliver innovative learning experiences for our children
- have excellent communication skills
- have competent technological skills
- have excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- be able to prioritise
- be able to work independently using own initiative and direct other staff effectively
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A permanent, full time (37,5 h/week) contract
- A learning focused environment with a team of dedicated, well qualified, committed professionals
- The opportunity to develop excellent practice throughout the school
- The ability to work alongside Secondary colleagues to ensure continuity of provision and consistency in learning experiences
- Attractive salary - BSB Learning & Teaching scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of
€ 49.092 and maximum € 89.103 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities and a relocation package.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Short listed candidates will be invited to interview at the school the beginning of June and this process will include a sample lesson and opportunities to meet potential colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid June 2019, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)