Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
2 Primary School Secretaries
(full-time and part-time)
Starting August 2021
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We are a successful, harmonious community committed to a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC.
With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe. BSB enjoys world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to assist in running one of the busy Primary School offices and working as part of a wider team. We have a full-time as well as a part-time (+/-80%) opportunity available.
Purpose of role
To administer and ensure the smooth-running of all aspects of the Primary School, supporting students, staff and parents.
- The Vice-Principal & Head of Primary School
- PA to the Head of Primary School. Line managed by the Communications Officer as you will be part of the school’s overall Administration Team
- To provide a warm and helpful reception to all students and visitors as well as a prompt and friendly response to callers.
- To promote good relations with students, staff and parents.
- To provide general administrative support for all staff in the Primary school.
- To take an active role in the emergency procedures as part of the Primary School team.
- To welcome and assist students, staff, parents and visitors to the Primary School.
- To respond promptly to enquiries, emails and answer telephone calls.
- To provide support with monitoring daily registration, fire registrations, student swipe cards
- To provide support with the administration of online school documentation, maintenance of student files and reports
- To provide administrative support for events, including Parent Conference meetings, parent information meetings, assemblies and staff meetings.
- To provide support and administration for residential school journeys and day trips
- Organise travel/accommodation for staff Professional Development courses
- Provide administration support for Deputy Head of Primary
- Organise cover for Primary staff absences
- To provide administration support for afterschool supervision
- Cover PA to Head Primary
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the responsibility entailed. The post holder will participate in the school’s continuous professional development (PL) training days.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified as a Secretary or in Administration, or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 3 year’s work experience in administration is an advantage.
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
- Mother tongue/fluent level of English and excellent communication skills
(Dutch and/or French an asset)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, be organised, self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office 365: Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- High level of customer care, ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult situations
- Self-presentation is warm, attentive and professional
- Deal positively with pressure and work to deadlines
- Able to relate well with others in a way that is culturally and situationally sensitive, have a friendly, welcoming persona
- Able to adapt, be flexible and see more than one way of doing things and able to adapt to changing priorities and demands and have a positive, optimistic ‘can do’ approach and caring attitude
- have the belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- be open-minded and welcoming of others
- be a good communicator
- enjoy working with children
In return, we offer:
- A full-time and a part-time (80%) permanent contract with full obligation to attend all staff meetings and Professional Learning workshops
- On the job training
- Interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary – BSB Operational Term Time Only scale – Band 3 representing a minimum of € 34.049 and maximum € 53.216 gross per year, (full-time, pro-rated for part-time roles), depending on the years of relevant experience
- Extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is 19 April 2021 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the school on 27 April 2021. A virtual meeting/interview for the long-listed candidates might be scheduled before 27 April.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of April, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.