Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
ITS Software Technician
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We are a successful, harmonious community committed to a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC.
With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
BSB enjoys world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus.
Are you a Technician with current experience and in-depth knowledge of Information Systems Administration? Can you support the installation and upgrades of software applications, implement API integrations and create system images for computer system preparation? Do you have experience in performing system administration in a virtualised and converged infrastructure environment? This is a challenging and varied job requiring a high degree of technical expertise combined with the personal skills necessary to liaise with a large number of staff making calls upon technician time.
The ITS Software Technician will report directly to the ITS Network Officer.
You will support the IT infrastructure and perform system administration in a virtualised and converged environment.
- Responsible for the installation of new software installations.
- Maintains and supports existing software both on Premises and Cloud.
- Supports the installation, management, maintenance and operation of common user services over the BSB networks (user profiles, federated access and permissions of managed applications).
- Contributes to the creation and management of new virtual images as well as support existing desktop/laptop images running Windows 10.
- Creation and maintenance of device driver sets and firmware updates.
- Contributes to the creation and management of images for macOS.
- Generates availability reports and statistics to ensure full-service provisioning visibility (Zabbix/ZCC).
- Provides support for the implementation of predefined ITS configuration management directives, data models, and naming conventions.
- Defines Technical Requirements related to the integration of Applications and Systems.
- Provides the backup and rollback requirements of managed applications and files associated with business operations.
- Provides input to support the engineering of the BSB’s Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Plans.
- Assists with engineering support for the integration of computer security best practices (Palo Alto/SentinelOne/Microsoft ATP).
- Performs detailed engineering reviews of system documentation to ensure computer security integrity.
- Assists with advising the relevant Service Line on corrective action or procurement action required to correct detected weaknesses in system performance.
- Maintains a close liaison with other technicians and engineers throughout ITS as appropriate.
- Provides inputs to the School’s training plan and Professional Learning (PL) days.
- Stays abreast of technological developments relevant to the area of work.
- Contributes to the identification and proposals for service and technical underpinning support contracts.
- Ensures that appropriate KPIs are met and reported.
- Contributes to the engineering analysis on performance metrics and suggests possible Service Improvement Plans (SIPs). Supports the creation and review of such SIPs.
- You will be required to have a degree level (Computer Science Degree, Bachelor Informatica) of education with 5-10 years post-related experience.
- Experience performing system administration using virtualisation technologies (VMware) and converged infrastructure environments.
- Microsoft Windows Server (2016/2019) system administration.
- Linux system administration and SAN administration.
- Experience in Image Creation using technologies such as Micro Focus Zenworks, using sysprep and automation tools.
- Experience in use of Automated Configuration Management and Service Management Control tools.
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Support
Experience in the following will be considered as an advantage:
- NetIQ/Microfocus Zenworks.
- ENGL (for system deployment).
- Microsoft SharePoint Technologies.
- Apple Profile Manager, Apple School Manager, inTune.
- iPadOS, iOS, macOS
- Training and industry certification on virtualisation technologies (VMware).
- Working knowledge of ITIL/PRINCE2 processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable evidence in maintaining knowledge of advances in IS Engineering and Service Management.
- Experience in a structured and workflow-driven service provision organisation.
- Azure AD administration
- Adobe Cloud
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full time (37.5 h/w), permanent contract with a generous holiday provision
- On the job training
- Interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary – BSB Operational scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 45.387 and maximum € 70.936 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Friday 20 August 2021 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the school towards the end of August / the beginning of September.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by 10 August, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.