Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
As from October 2022
BSB is a not for profit, inclusive independent international school comprising 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Located in the parkland of Tervuren, we enjoy world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus, yet near all the amenities of the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels. But what makes our school an exceptional place to learn and grow, and what really sets us apart, are the relationships we build, the culture of kinship we foster and the pursuit of quality in everything that we do.
We are committed to providing a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students in a harmonious atmosphere. With everyone learning and working together to inspire success, we have created a thriving community with the notion of ‘one school’ at its heart. By balancing academic endeavour with pastoral care, and classroom-based learning with enrichment opportunities, we provide our students with the best opportunities possible to broaden their aspirations and horizons.
Our curriculum is British based and uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and diverse student body. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. Our Enrichment programme is exceptional, offering over 100 activities per week.
As one of the top performing schools in the world, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe. We believe that our exceptional student outcomes and top world rankings are really a happy by-product of our unique culture built on care, curiosity, and collaboration.
The major duties and responsibilities include the following:
- To assist in daily running of all internal and external exams, including CAT and Admissions tests.
- Supporting exam preparation – including checking & implementation of exam regulations and full schedule timetables.
- Preparation of candidate cards, student exam timetables and countersigning of exam papers and stationary.
- Checking internal and external exam timetables and exam entries.
- Support in maintaining, plan and write location timetables for students with access arrangements.
- Assist in co-ordination of exam results for students including access codes and distribution.
- To assist with the co-ordination of oral exams.
- Collate and check invigilator schedules.
- Taking the lead in exams, deputising for the Exams Coordinator, when required.
- Uploading of IB Internally assessed student work.
The post holder may be required to work some school holidays if exams fall on that day.
The working hours vary from 12,5 hours per week to 37,5 hours per week during the school year depending on the exam periods.
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A part-time, term-time only, for this schoolyear
- On the job training
- Interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary – BSB Operational scale – Band 3 representing a minimum of € 37.592 and maximum € 58.754 gross per year (depending on the years of relevant experience) and will be pro-rata for the part-time role.
- Extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Monday 10 October 2022 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of October, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.