Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
Part-Time/ Full-Time Swimming Coach
ENRICHMENT COACHING OPPORTUNITIES
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We are a successful, harmonious community committed to a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe. BSB enjoys world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus.
The Enrichment Department (responsible for organising extra-curricular activities) is currently looking for a qualified part-time/full-time Swimming coach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To act in accordance with school policy and procedures in relation to child protection and safe guarding, fair play and equal opportunities to all participants
- Keep attendance records accurate and up to date using the appropriate technological tools
- Be well briefed and aware about any special needs of the participants involved, i.e., levels of fitness, significant medical conditions, physical impairments or disabilities
- Be aware of and follow the procedures for recording accidents
- Be aware of the school’s Health & Safety policy, Emergency Procedures and Swimming Pool rules and procedures, and take own responsibility for Health & Safety
- Act as a role model, demonstrate the highest standards of sportsmanship and develop attitudes in team members which foster respect for opponents, respect for officials and mutual respect for each other
- Ensure that there is an accessible, well-stocked first aid kit at the venue and a telephone nearby
- Expected to be thoroughly familiar with the rules and regulations pertaining to the sport coached
- Responsible for providing the Department Leader for Enrichment Sport and Expeditions and the Head of Swimming with an accurate roster at the start of the season and update it accordingly
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the equipment is correct and is kept in good working order
- Inventory all equipment at the beginning and end of the season
- Assist with the physical set up and take down of equipment for both practices and competition, ensuring that the facility is left in such a condition that is ready for the next scheduled activity
- Take a proactive approach with team members regarding their academic progress and any other matters that might affect their athletic performance and general well-being
- Be punctual for all practices and dressed in an appropriate manner
- Be available for all home and away competitions
- Attend any coaches’ meetings called by the Department Leader for Enrichment Sport and Expeditions or by the Head of Swimming
- Make participants aware of their progress
- Attend the season ending tournament and Sports Awards Evening
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions appropriate to the ability of participants
- Liaise with parents on aspects of individual swimmer and team development
- Assist meeting and greeting the visiting coaches and teams, and assist them upon arrival in locating changing rooms, distribute the housing assignments and game schedules
- Understand that this is an educational setting, and not a club setting
- Take direct responsibility for the conduct of one’s own team and have a shared responsibility with coaching colleagues for the members of other BSB teams throughout the season
- Assure that the athletes have team kits to swim during competition
- Monitor the distribution and collection of team swimsuits
- All positions take place after regular school hours and include some weekends. Additionally, some sports fixtures take place in other European countries so a willingness to travel is required.
Qualifications / experience
- A level 2 coaching qualification in swimming is required
- Provide an up to date First Aid Certificate or be willing to attend an approved course provided by the school
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
We are particularly looking for coaches who are flexible, reliable, possess good communication skills in English and enjoys working with children.
We have opportunities to work with both younger and older students in the school.
Any interested candidates must currently reside in Belgium or be eligible to work in Europe.
In return, we offer:
- A part-time contract
- Interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary (BSB Operational scale – Band 3 representing a minimum of € 2.676 and maximum € 4.183 gross per month for a full-time employment (pro rata for part-time), depending on the years of relevant experience.
- Extra-legal benefits including holiday provision and luncheon vouchers
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 20th October at 16.00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of October, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.