Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
Supply Learning Assistants for Primary school
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We are a successful, harmonious community committed to a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC.
With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
BSB enjoys world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus.
The working day for a Supply Learning Assistant is typically 08.55 to 15.55, although we sometimes need supply Learning Assistants for part of a day only. All supply staff are interviewed and registered through the temp agency before they commence working with us.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Belgium.
The successful applicant will:
- have a caring and supportive approach to children
- be an excellent role model
- be adaptable and open to change
- be flexible in terms of working hours
- be able to work both under the direction of the teacher, and on their own initiative
- be appreciative of, and sensitive towards, children’s differing backgrounds
- have a good knowledge of the Primary School curriculum
- be willing to learn and undertake training
- be professional in all interactions within the school setting
- abide by the school’s policies and practices, including the code of conduct and confidentiality
- be a team player
- experience of working with children in an educational setting
- preferably: a Teaching Assistant Training certificate
- competent IT skills
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- Payment through temp agency based on the BSB Learning & Teaching pay scale, Band 2
- Luncheon vouchers
- A well-equipped, beautiful campus at the heart of Europe
- A great place to work and develop
The deadline for applications is Monday 27 September 2021 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us within one month, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.