Exam results are an essential indicator of performance, both for our students, and for the school.
Every year, our internal value-added analysis from the University of Durham confirms that our results consistently exceed expectations.
- In 2016, BSB students achieved 100% pass rates in IB Diploma and BTEC and a 99% pass rate at A Level. This is a remarkable achievement, given that BSB is a non-selective school, with students from all abilities and all national education systems
- 30% of our A Level students scored A or A*
- 56% of IB students achieved a score of 36 or more, with 26% achieving 40 points or more
- In 2015, 98% of our Year 13 students were offered places at their first or second university of choice
- In the GCSE and (I)GCSE examinations, our A*-C pass rate of 86% was well above the UK average of 69%
- In 2015, in Primary School, 96% of Year 6 children achieved a Level 4 or above in Mathematics. 95% of pupils also achieved a Level 4 or above in English. This is significantly higher than the UK average.
Learning is at the heart of our curriculum, but it is never pursued at the expense of personal growth and development.
At BSB, we help students to achieve their goals inside and out of the classroom, discovering talents through extra-curricular activities from music and drama to physics clubs, mathematical quests and competitive sports.