Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Sorry, this job listing has now expired.
BSB is a not for profit, inclusive independent international school comprising 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Located in the parkland of Tervuren, we enjoy world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus, yet near all the amenities of the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels. But what makes our school an exceptional place to learn and grow, and what really sets us apart, are the relationships we build, the culture of kinship we foster and the pursuit of quality in everything that we do.
We are committed to providing a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students in a harmonious atmosphere. With everyone learning and working together to inspire success, we have created a thriving community with the notion of ‘one school’ at its heart. By balancing academic endeavour with pastoral care, and classroom-based learning with enrichment opportunities, we provide our students with the best opportunities possible to broaden their aspirations and horizons.
Our curriculum is British based and uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and diverse student body. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. Our Enrichment programme is exceptional, offering over 100 activities per week.
As one of the top performing schools in the world, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe. We believe that our exceptional student outcomes and top world rankings are really a happy by-product of our unique culture built on care, curiosity, and collaboration.
Purpose of the role:
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring and managing the accounts receivable and will follow-up any customer inquiries. He/she will ensure that the accounts receivable ledger is always current and accurate.
Responsible to: The Finance Officer.
Areas of responsibility:
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Generating invoices and account statements
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure the records are accurate and complete
- Performing account reconciliations
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or enquiries
- Assisting in general financial management and analysis
- Manage the Accounts Receivable mailbox
- Main petty cash contact and manage the ledgers of the different petty cash accounts
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration – we welcome applications of newly qualified Bachelor’s
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise and manage expectations
- An ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with internal and external customers
- Problem solving attitude along with analytical thinking
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, permanent (37,5 hours per week) post with generous holiday provision
- An interesting position in an international environment and in a well-equipped, beautiful campus
- An attractive salary – BSB Operational scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 52.135 and maximum € 81.483 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience.
- Interesting extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 18 June 2023 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent via the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
Interviews will be held at the school before the end of June
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid-July, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.