At The British School of Brussels (BSB), we believe that learning should be academically centred, but sensitive to the wider needs of students and their families.
Our goal is to create young adults who rise to the challenge of the modern world. We want to inspire and motivate responsible, engaged students who have respect for themselves and each other. Our governance, leadership, staff, curriculum, and facilities all work in support of this philosophy.
We achieve this through:
- high quality teaching and learning;
- high quality support for learning;
- a creative dynamic and holistic curriculum;
- enhancing learning through leading-edge technologies;
- leading excellence and innovation in professional practice and development;
- the fostering of international mindedness in all members of our community;
- effective partnerships with the local and wider community;
- high quality and sustainable campus facilities and resources;
- a safe and secure learning environment;
- effective governance and leadership.
‘Learning together, inspiring success’
Individually, each word represents a concept that is important to us. Together, the words exemplify the philosophy of the school. BSB is a world class international learning community that is:
- welcoming and caring;
- working together to challenge everyone to achieve their academic and personal potential;
- inspiring an on-going desire to broaden minds and horizons;
- nurturing global awareness and realising success.
Definition of internationalism
BSB seeks to develop and broaden intercultural understanding as well as engage with and celebrate our interlingual diversity. In addition, we wish to foster an active, ethical and purposeful engagement with the world around us, rooted in empathy, solidarity and sustainability.
A 'Play Unified' friend
BSB has enjoyed a 25-year relationship with the Special Olympics Belgium. We share the philosophy and the values of solidarity, respect and integration. BSB is actively involved in enhancing social integration and reaffirming the empowerment of people with disabilities. We do this by offering the opportunity for Belgian Special Olympians with intellectual deficiencies to join BSB athletes and practice sports together using the sports facilities at the school. We are very proud to be a ‘Play Unified’ friend.