Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the below form.
Enrichment Coach Gymnastics
Sorry, this job listing has now expired.
(Maternity Leave Cover – starting Dec 2023)
BSB is a not for profit, inclusive independent international school comprising 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Located in the parkland of Tervuren, we enjoy world class facilities set within an inspiring green campus, yet near all the amenities of the university city of Leuven and the capital city of Brussels. But what makes our school an exceptional place to learn and grow, and what really sets us apart, are the relationships we build, the culture of kinship we foster and the pursuit of quality in everything that we do.
We are committed to providing a vibrant and engaging holistic education for our students in a harmonious atmosphere. With everyone learning and working together to inspire success, we have created a thriving community with the notion of ‘one school’ at its heart. By balancing academic endeavour with pastoral care, and classroom-based learning with enrichment opportunities, we provide our students with the best opportunities possible to broaden their aspirations and horizons.
Our curriculum is British based and uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and diverse student body. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke enquiry-based curriculum. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. Our Enrichment programme is exceptional, offering over 100 activities per week.
As one of the top performing schools in the world, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe. We believe that our exceptional student outcomes and top world rankings are really a happy by-product of our unique culture built on care, curiosity, and collaboration.
BSB seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced gym specialist to lead our highly successful gymnastics programme.
In a school of 1400, we have almost 140 students signed up for Enrichment Gymnastics. BSB made a commitment 6 years ago with the opening of the Jacques Rogge Sport Centre and Gymnastic Hall that all students would have access to a strong FUNdamental skills pathway. Our Gymnastic programme plays a big role in this, from Reception to Year 13, there is access for all.
As a school, our global reputation continues to grow. As a faculty, we have established ourselves as a beacon for sport throughout European International Schools with our highly successful and competitive Enrichment programme and ever-evolving core PE programme.
- working with the Gymnastics Coaches and Physical Education staff to secure the highest level of performance for each individual student on the programme.
- developing student-athletes capable of representing the school successfully at ISGA, SGIS and local regional events.
- to develop a positive cross school culture toward gymnastics whilst raising participation levels and expanding the size of the programme.
- to ensure pathways exist for recreational, development and squad gymnasts.
- to lead school gymnastic trips in the UK, Belgium and Switzerland.
- Gymnastics Coaching Qualifications or equivalent.
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements.
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students.
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone.
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
- Eligible to work in Belgium
In return, we offer:
- A part-time, temporary contract with generous holiday provision
- On the job training
- An interesting position in an international environment
- An attractive salary – BSB Operational scale – Band 3 representing a minimum of
€ 3.074 and maximum € 4.805 gross per month for a full-time employment (pro-rated for part-time roles) and depending on the years of relevant experience
- Extra-legal benefits including extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, transport allowance, free use of the BSB sport facilities.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 30 November 2023 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of December, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
BSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our community.
Enter your contact details below. Categories followed by * are mandatory in order to apply.
Attach any additional documents. Please ensure that your total document file size is under 10MB to ensure that your application is successfully received. Click the ‘Submit application’ button.
Please make sure to use an up to date, modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge or you may encounter technical issues with the above form.